Academic Skills Description: New Vid - Academic Solo Manticore Nest
Date: Aug 02 2011 10:45:30 Views: Comment: loading...
This article was shared by
A few weeks ago, i have come across the skill description of academic in chinese forum, which are extracted from our v80 client.
I won't list every single skills. Just want to give a short preview of some of the unique skills that Academic offers.
Shoot bubble at enemy to trap them, and preventing them from moving. If the bubble is shot at your party members, a bubble shield will be created around them, absorbing damage dealt to them
* Depending on how strong is the bubble shield and what is the cooldown and duration, this could potentially give a supportive role to Academic in nest. Disabling + party member protection 2-in-1 one skill. Simply amazing!
Summon Teleport Zone:
Summon a teleport gate
* I see, academic invented star gate ..
Teleport to the teleport gate created.
* Erm, force user is not the only class that can teleport anymore :(
Auto Vending Machine:
Summon a vending machine which will spurt out various buff item at regular interval.
* OMG! Chicken and Grape please!!
Stun enemy with a special grenade
Throw a special grenade, which will pull the enemy around it to the centre of explosion.
*Erm, force user 's black hole clone :(
Throw a missle which explode and reduce elemental resist of targets.
* A good debuff skills. Not sure about the damage though. A few of academic skills are elemental too: napalm (fire), ice tower (ice), mechashock (lighting) , gravity grenade (dark) - only guess from skill name and description (unconfirmed)
Summon Gatling Tower which stays on the field for a certain duration and attacks the enemy around it with machine gun.
* Tower defence anyone?
Summon Ice tower which stays on the field for a certain duration and shoots ice arrow at enemy (max 10).
* Erm, Relic of Ice =.=
Summon Cannon tower which stays on the field for a certain duration and shoots explosive cannon at enemy.
* Woohoo, lets play tower defence ^_^
Summon a giant robot - Alfredo
Commond Alfredo to use Stomp, which will slow the targets and the targets will only attack Alfredo for a certain duration.
* Alfredo is the big robot summoned by the academics. Alfredo can be used as a tanker since it has an attract aggro skills, depending on how strong he is. I believe, he can also be protected by bubble shield.
Command Alfredo use whirlwind to deal damage.
* Alfredo want to grow up to be a .... mercenary someday....
Command Alfredo to buff party members. The buff will transfer a certain percentage of the damage received by the party members to Alfredo himself.
* Again from this skill, i believe, Alfredo is a very good tanker. It can even take damage on behalf of your party member, which i think is very cool.
Shoot the egg of mechaduck, which will hatch into mechaduck (last for a certain duration)
Command Mechaduck to emit lighting to deal damage.
* Yea right.... Psyduck finally learns pikachu's thunderbolt...^_^
Command Mechaduck to track nearby enemy and detonate itself
* Academic is a meannie....she sends her own pet for a suicide mission =.=
Command Mechaduck to emit ultrasonic wave to silence targets and dispel a certain number of buffs on them.
* Erm, mercenary's disenchating howl clone. I can't believe a duck can perform similar task =.=
Some of the skills can be seen clearly in the video released by the official site recently ^_^
Dragon Nest - Academic Gameplay Trailer
Academic seems have supportive and tanking ability with Alfredo; silence and buff removal with Mechaduck; disable targets with bubble/stomp/stun grenade and some dps skills with multi-element. Most of the skills are physical type, with only afew magical skills.
How will it fare in high level party such as bishop nest and sea dragon nest?
We will find out soon enough when it is released in DN KR.
[ some people commented that, you can't possibly expect the giant robot and the lame duck to be smart enough to climb onto Archbishop ! ]
Previously, it is known that academic uses cannon and mittens. Some models of academic weapons are also found in the client. The last few ones looks like bishop weapon for academic...
Academic - Concept Art and Skill Names
Bookmark and share to your friends
Player Comments (Totally Comments)
Connect With Us