Desert Dragon Nest Information and Videos
Date: Dec 06 2012 18:50:00 Views: Comment: loading...
Author: Chaose5 in MMOSite
[05-14] Dragon Nest T4 Smasher Skill Build by Chaos
[05-05] Dragon Nest New Class Assassin Armor Icon Revealed
[04-24] Dragon Nest KR 24th April Update Note: 60S Suffix II
[04-23] Dragon Nest Future Update: New Level 65 Skill Description and Preliminary Data
Written by chaose5
Guide video & illustration by v2seraph
I will compile useful DDN video in this thread, with as much details as possible. There might be errors in the explanation since many players are still exploring the nest. Eventually, when DDN arrives in cDN, this thread will be updated with our own video and turn into a detailed guide for DDN.
- All video uploaders
- Exploration team in kDN, jDN and cDN with their detailed description of each stage and advice.
Map Mod for Ship Stage and Storm Observatory:
Stage 1: Flying Ship
Snake Queen Itaila
After depleting each bar of HP, the snake boss will teleport to the middle of the area, suck players towards herself and summon 4 lizards at the 4 corners of the area (at the glowing device). The lizards must be killed within 10sec or else the ship will be damaged and fire patches will appear on the field. The death knight will also summon the 4 lizards when one of his HP bar is depleted.
The bar in the middle of the screen is the HP of the ship. Letting the lizard explode will deplete the bar. If the bar is emptied, the ship will be destroyed and cause party wipe.
- Tail Swipe
- Tornado: Summon a tornado which moves linearly. The direction of the movement is random.
Upon reaching her last HP bar, she will summon a Death Knight (instead of the 4 lizards) to aid her.
Death Knight Ahmado
- Line drive: Causes stun/faint status and knockdown players.
- Death Claw: 4 directions.
- Red Wave: Knock back and knock down players; cannot be resisted with super armor buff. Red wave emanates from the death knight in a fan-shaped manner. After a few second the area covered by the red waves will explode and deal huge damage. The direction in which he cast this, cannot be altered with provoke (meaning he might not aim at the paladin). To avoid this attack, quickly move out of the fan-shaped AOE when you see the red waves. Damage can be reduced with damage reduction skills; cannot be evaded with evasion skills (Evasion slash etc). CD 40sec.
New Boss Skill at Hpx1:
- Dark Typhoon: knock back and knockdown players; suck them towards a typhoon which is created around himself. Super armor buff can resist the knockdown effect but not the suction effect. Very high damage. Cannot be evaded with evasion skills; pierce invincibility; Damage can be reduced with damage reduction skill. CD 50sec. Only use in last HP bar. Holy Shield of Saint works wonder here. You can also jump at the moment when he thrust his sword into the ground to evade the initial knockdown effect. Another trick is to stand with your back against the wall; the knockback effect will toss you into the air and you can use aerial evasion to quickly recover and start running in the opposite direction of the suction.
* Assign 2 party members to each corner before the battle (for lizard killing). Use the map mod (posted above) for the ease of assignment.
* Provoke Snake Queen to the top of the map.
* Damage Snake Queen until HP x3, she will suck all to the middle and summon 4 lizards at 4 corners
* All party members go to their assigned corners to kill the lizards
* Repeat the same thing at HP x2;
* At HP x1, Snake Queen will summon a Death Knight near the bottom of the map.
* Paladin provoke the Death Knight and stay at the bottom while the rest of the party member kill the Snake Queen at the top ASAP.
* When Death Knight HP reach HP x1.5, he will summon 2 minotaurs at the 2 edges of the map.
* The party members need to lure the 2 minotaurs away from the Death Knight and kill them ASAP.
* Damage the Death Knight until HP x1, he will summon 4 lizards at 4 corners.
* It is recommended that you only kill 2 of the lizard at the top. Why? It is because the Death Knight will cast Dark Typhoon anytime soon. Trying to kill the lizard at the bottom can be dangerous since you will be very near to the Death Knight, thus unable to escape from the typhoon suction.
* After the 1st Dark Typhoon was casted, ask someone to check time. Stay away from Death Knight every 50 seconds to avoid being sucked into the typhoon.
After clearing the 1st stage, you can proceed to the large area of the map, where you can ride mount. The oasis in the middle of the map can recover HP/MP.
There are a total of 5 bosses which guard the seal to the entrance of the dragon.
The merchant NPC near the oasis will ask you to find 5 of his bottles (which is likely dropped from the 5 bosses?)
There will be additional rewards if you killed all the 5 bosses.
You can clear the 4 bosses (Except golem) in any order you want.
The golem so far cannot be challenged at all. It can only be challenged after you defeat the 4 bosses.